Thursday, January 20, 2011

Recent Dreams

1/17/2011

Struck by lightning, fingers on right hand (pinky, middle and ring) curl up, back of shins red and irritated. Other people struck- people die. I become statically charged, superhuman strength. Running into a falling apart building to get out of storm with other people.

Swimming pool murder

My family there- pool shutting down but I still jump in

Jumping through spots of water and concrete, floating/flying and flapping my arms like a bird

With a family, two twin sisters, feel part of their family- living in attic- but their mom makes me leave

On top of roof, old house, little nook leading to outside but sheltered. Covered in leaves, homeless- scruffy dog with me.

1/18/2011

Finding Jamal, wanting to sign up for archaeological trip- end up going to Thailand – really an area in Georgia with Thai population and cultural center, buy traditional clothing and food to fit in.

Transforms into somewhere in central America. Taking pictures in center of a town with other tourists. Beautiful blue waters from bus windows, workers everywhere, always looking at water through windows. Walking around streets, seeing poverty, maps and papers on roof of houses. See beautiful mansions, catch glimpse of attractive man through window who is looking at me.

With BK, running to zoo. Dark at night, zoo animals are roaming around zoo uncaged. Big bear outside of entrance. Kissing, MB is there, we run away in embarrassment- he follows, we fall in the grass outside and pretend we were just drunk.

Long winding road, wooded, damp. Lots of cars waiting in line, people everywhere- huge festival. Dogs running amuck. Present from Wyatt- tons of magazines including one about quitting smoking.

1/19/2011

At senior prom in high school. Some guy causing problems. Says he wants to kill me. I go alone with him into an isolated hallway to talk. He starts to slice at my neck. I have scissors and lunge to attack him. He says I won’t do it. I cut him, deep enough to hurt but not deep enough to kill.

I run out- go to staff lounge and try to find someone to talk to. Very upset. See Professor Johnson- try to talk to him but he’s wasted. No one seems to notice me or care. See another man walking towards us from outside, he’s with a girl who’s hanging all over him. Turns out to be Prof J’s brother- I am able to talk to him but everything with him is sexually charged and it doesn’t seem he’s really concerned with my situation.

The guy who cut me lingering outside of the room (all glass walls) leaning on a gravestone fucked up, falling over. Graves outside.

Picked up by a police officer in a purple car. I am happy to be with her, she says she’s arrested the guy. I’m going somewhere to give testimony.

Huge building, lots of windows, lit up at night. Can see inside to staircases and rooms from outside. Nuns and nurses walking around. MB at one of the entrances- I run past him. Run up the steps fervently.

Old man in priest tunic at very top of building. Bridge leading out into the sky. Bridge is black, mechanical, imposing. He’s holding a device that will “turn the bridge on”. I have a premonition and implore him to evacuate the building- that the bridge is going to malfunction.

In a grocery store at close, trying to get food free but unable to. Someone gives me a crazy haircut and I love it.

With Pat and Paul at some old stoner guy's shop. He has our bong and we watch some series that just came out. Motif of watching this series through night in different situations- alone, with parents. Cross between Weeds and Boardwalk Empire.


Memory of dream from months ago- flood, entire city devastated, under water, toys, household objects floating in the river that became the town. In a house, under water, room with little girl floating out window, chasing after her doll- drowning.

No comments: